Education Session Volunteer
Oasis Farm Waterloo, in partnership with Jamie’s Farm
About the role: Oasis Farm Waterloo is an urban farm run in partnership between the charities Oasis Hub Waterloo and Jamie’s Farm. We exist to involve local community members and disadvantaged young people in opportunities to care for nature and ourselves.
Oasis Farm Waterloo/ Jamie’s Farm run six-week, half-day programmes for schools. These provide a therapeutic space where young people can engage with nature and animals, reflect on their abilities, build social skills and confidence. During each session, children have the opportunity to get involved with farming, gardening, cooking or craft tasks, with lots of opportunities for success.
Education Volunteers support these young people by being a full part of the six-week programme, participating in group reflection activities, games, and leading small groups in activities around the Farm.
You need to be:
- Interested in the benefits of education beyond the classroom, especially for vulnerable groups
- Resilient, flexible and good at using initiative
- Interested in working creatively and in an outdoor setting with small groups of young people
- Free one morning or afternoon a week, for at least 6 consecutive weeks
- Willing to undertake a DBS check
What you get:
- great experience of working with children in an outdoor, therapeutic setting
- CPD for education professionals, therapists, arts/ crafts professionals, and anyone interested in working with children and young people
- access to a calm, beautiful urban Farm in the heart of the city
- the support of professionals based at the Farm
- travel expenses available
To register your interest in becoming an Oasis Farm Waterloo Education Volunteer fill out our online form:
For more info contact: email@example.com or call us on 07747 486 208