We’re Hiring! We are currently looking for a passionate and driven Farm Operations Manager with the vision and determination to take Oasis Farm Waterloo to the next level.
- Full-time role
- 12 month fixed-term contract
- Closing date for applications extended to Monday 10 April
The compact city farm, on one third of an acre of land in the heart of Waterloo, is a peaceful oasis in a big city. Working in partnership with the charity Jamie’s Farm in Wiltshire, we have livestock including sheep, lambs, chickens and a breeding sow and her litter of piglets. The farm also has a productive vegetable production system in raised planters, an aquaponics area and several polytunnels for growing and educating in.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record in managing community projects with multiple stakeholders. The right farmer will have a demonstrable passion for the power of the outdoors, and farming in particular, to educate and bring together people of all ages. You will be a key player in the future of the farm by coming up with innovative plans to raise income for the farm while also providing a valuable community and educational asset.
The role is based on a fixed-term contract for five months, which we would like to extend for the right candidate, depending on external funding.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of developing a caring and safe environment in the city, and it’s a great time to join us at the farm as we build a timber educational barn on site (due for completion this June) and we look to build a sustainable platform for the next few years of farming.
Read more about the farm from former Farm Manager Sally in this article from the Guardian.
- 12 month Fixed Term Contract (looking to extend subject to funding)
- Salary £29,430 per annum (inc London Allowance).
- Closing date: Noon on Monday 10th April
Interviews will be held Weds 29th March 2017, at Oasis Farm Waterloo.
For an application pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong interest in horticulture and/or farming with a relevant professional qualification or proven experience
- Proven experience in professional community work, including working in an outdoor setting
- Excellent organisational, communication and inter-personal skills
- Experience of building a team and managing others
- Awareness of safeguarding best practice for children/young people & adults at risk.
- A ‘can-do’ approach, be self-motivated and flexible and happy to muck in (and out!)
Oasis Charitable Trust is a multi-national charity supporting young people and their families in 10 countries worldwide. Our vision is for building healthy communities: places where everyone is included, making a contribution and reaching their full potential. The Oasis Hub Waterloo comprises a Primary and Secondary school, Church, Foodbank, Debt Advice Centre, Coffee shop and Community Farm in its portfolio of community activities.
Applicants will be committed to the ethos of both Oasis and Jamie’s Farm and be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff will be subject to appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and referencing.