Farm Events Supervisors – Recruiting Now!
Variable hours dependent on events bookings
Expected 1-3 x 8 hour monthly shifts, May – September
Most shifts weekends or Thursday/ Friday evenings
Salary £13.37 per hour inclusive of London Allowance
Oasis Farm Waterloo is a beautiful oasis in the heart of London, managed in partnership between Oasis Hub Waterloo and Jamie’s Farm. We are looking to hire sessional Farm Events Supervisors to help us deliver a busy summer of private events on the farm – including weddings, birthday parties, corporate events and fashion shows.
Oasis Farm Waterloo, and in particular the spacious barn within it, is hired out through the spring, summer and early autumn to generate income for our other charitable activities on the farm. The farm acts as a space for the local community and London schools to experience the therapeutic benefits of working together in the outdoors, nurturing plants and animals, and caring for one another.
The Farm Events Supervisor will work alongside our small Farm team to directly supervise events on the farm – ensuring the client has the best possible experience whilst making sure that the farm and local community are respected, and that all necessary health and safety and licensing guidelines are followed. Supervising an event will often involve liaising with a range of different stakeholders on the day/ night (the client, caterers, suppliers etc), supervising other farm staff or volunteers, and potentially running a bar for the client.
You would be reporting to the Farm Events Officer or Coordinator who would fully brief you in advance. You would often be the senior representative for the Farm during the event.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Great communication skills, and to be confident developing relationships with a diverse range of people in a short space of time
- Proven experience working in a public facing customer service environment, including hospitality and/ or events
- Excellent in responding to issues as and when they arise, thinking on your feet, and being confident to politely challenge others when needed
- Happy to direct the work of other staff/ volunteers and to manage responsibilities across a team
- Passion for our charitable project and the wider mission of the farm
- Comfortable to work unsociable hours and to have responsibility for site security
In return for your contribution to our special project you will get:
- A unique working environment in the heart of London. Our farm features beautiful gardens, an award-winning barn and a variety of animals
- A supportive and friendly staff and volunteer team
We actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups. Applicants will be committed to the ethos of both Oasis and Jamie’s Farm and be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff will be subject to appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and referencing. The successful candidate will need to be provide proof of the right to work in the UK.
If you are interested in finding out more about being a part of this unique community project, then please email your CV and a cover letter to the Oasis Recruitment Team at email@example.com or call 07747 486 208 for further information.
The job description and recruitment pack can be accessed here: https://www.oasisuk.org/job/farm-events-supervisors-oasis-farm-waterloo/
We will be assessing applications and inviting people to interview on a rolling basis, so please send your CV across as soon as you are able.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487
If this role doesn’t seem right for you but you still want to get involved with the farm we are always on the look out for volunteers. You can find more information on becoming a volunteer here.