Oasis Farm Waterloo, in partnership with Jamie’s Farm
About the role: Oasis Farm Waterloo is an urban farm in the heart of London, run in partnership between the charities Oasis Hub Waterloo and Jamie’s Farm. We exist to involve local community members and disadvantaged young people in opportunities to care for nature and ourselves.
Oasis Farm Waterloo relies on volunteers to run the farm, including letting the animals out and putting them to bed; feeding them and keeping their houses clean, and watering plants. Animals are here on rotation but typically include pigs, goats, chickens, geese and guinea pigs.
We ask for a commitment of at least a couple of shifts a month, either in the morning or early evening, Monday – Sunday year round. In return you’ll get access to a rural oasis in the heart of London, to care for plants and animals, and to be part of a genuinely community-run project. You may also get a few vegetables and chicken eggs in return!
You need to be:
- Interested in hands-on care for animals and plants
- Happy to sometimes be working alone on the small farm
- Have a positive, can-do approach
- Free at least two mornings (7 – 9.30 am)/ early evenings (5 – 8pm) a month
What you get:
- Access to a wonderful city farm in the heart of London
- A chance to work directly with a range of animals
- Learning around animal and plant care
- A great community of other volunteers
- The support of professionals based at the Farm
We’re currently not taking on new Farm Volunteers, however you can still register your interest in becoming a member of our team by filling out our online form. We’ll get in touch as positions become available.
For more info contact: email@example.com or call us on 07747 486 208